Survived 2 days of classes! whoo! ;)
Monday I had English 1010- intro to writing, ASL 1, and Institute- BofM. They are all probably under 40 students, so that's nice!
Today I had Biology 1010, Human Development Across the Lifespan, and Ballroom Dance. The institute gave us all free T-shirts and they call each Tuesday T-shirt Tuesday, so tons of the institute students are wearing them. It's kinda cool to see.
My English teacher is nice so far, I think she is a student working on her masters or something like that. I'm not sure how this class is going to go because I can't -in any sense of the idea- write creatively... I can write good essays where I have to prove or disprove a point, answer a question, or inform about a topic, but when it comes to creative writing, I've got nothing...
I miss my high school ASL class and teacher sooooo much! My teacher here is nice, but I'm in ASL 1 so the class is super simple since I already took two years of ASL in HS.. I talked to one of the ASL advisers before the school year started to see if I could get into a higher level class, but he said they like all their students to start off with ASL 1 for some reason. bummer. Our homework assignment is to be able to fingerspell our name by tomorrow... I've been able to fingerspell my name since elementary school.... ugh.
Institute was pretty good. My teacher gets off topic soo fast though... I doubt we'll ever finish a lesson.. haha. It's really strange being in a class with RMs and people who have kids almost as old as I am... It's weird because they all have so many more experiences than I do, and they know so much more about the scriptures and everything. I liked seminary better where everyone is in a closer range of ages, and we can relate to each other a lot easier.
Biology was dumb. There's probably between 300 and 400 students, which stinks. I decided I don't like lecture classes. It was super boring, and I'm not looking forward to spending the whole semester in it. :( I wish my HS Bio teacher could teach at USU too... Then the class would be awesome!
Human Development Across the LS (FCHD) was okay I guess. It's also a lecture hall kind of class- which I do not like at all.. At least the subject and the teacher are more interesting than in biology, so it's not quite as bad as that.
I am excited for Ballroom Dance, I love dancing, and everyone in the class seems pretty fun so far. :)
So there's the low down of my classes... ha. Hope I didn't bore you too badly.
4 comments:
Yay for college and surviving your first 2 days! :) I hope you continue to update us regularly.
I hear ya with lecture classes-sometimes you just have to plow through them. Good luck, Leslie! You'll do great!
Lecture classes stink! Good luck and get used to them.... Seriously who doesn't know how to letter sign their name! Good luck having patience in there! You'll be great with everything, even if it is boring. Any questions in Biology, David majored in it! Yay for college!
Loved hearing about your classes! Good luck with them!!!
Post a Comment