Tuesday, August 9, 2011

catch up

Here's a little of what's been going on in my life recently. :)

1~I went to my senior prom with a friend, Collin Anderson. It was a blast!

My amazing mother made my dress! Thanks mom I LOVE it!


Me & Collin, Mike & Kayla

2~I Graduated High School!! whooooooot!

Me and some of my best friends right before graduation.

Last time I got to sing with my Choir that I've been with for 2 years.
We sang "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban.

:)

Congrats Cyprus High School Class of 2011!

3~I'm officially part of Relief Society now... and I'm already a visiting teacher, and guess who my partner is?? The Relief Society President. hmmm..

4~I went to Girl's Camp as a youth leader, I'm going to miss the young women in my ward, but it's definetly time to move on.

5~I registered for college and signed up for all of my classes! I'm taking English 1010, Biology 1010, Comd 2910 (ASL 1), FCHD 1500, and Ballroom Dance. I am super excited!

6~I found out that I passed my AP Statistics test with a 4!!! YAYAYAY!!! No stats in college for this girl!

My Stats teacher, Mrs. Storrs, was absolutely amazing! She is one of my favorite teachers I've ever had. She got to know each of the students, and showed that she truely cared about each one of us. She always let you know when she was proud of you, and if you were struggling in her class she sould do all that she could to help you out.
 A funny little tradition that she has is that everytime you get an A on a test or final, she would give you a scratch-and-sniff sticker. According to Mrs. Storrs, they were like the reward decals or pride stickers that football players have on their helmets to show their accomplishments. So whenever any of us students got a scratch-and-sniff we would stick them on our binders to show off our good test scores. haha. So at graduation she stuck a scratch-and-sniff to the bottom of our caps, and when we found out I passed the AP Stats test, she send me a letter to say congrats, and it had a scratch-and-sniff sticker on it. :) I'm gonna miss her so bad!

7~I went up to Grandma Wilkey's cabin with my best friend and my parents! I can only slightly remember going there once before, with grandma, so it was an adventure. :)
We went to Smith and Morehouse Resivour, walked along the whole dam, and saw the spillway. Personally I wanted to ride sown the spillway on a tube... looked fun... ;)

Katherine and me at Smith and Morehouse Resivour

Got some really need leaf pictures after it rained.

we were knee deep in the water taking splash pictures. :)



saw an awesome double rainbow!
you can see in this picture the rainbow was on our side of the mountain!
We could see the whole rainbow, but I couldn't get a good picture of the whole thing.
At night it started raining again, so we turned out all the lights in the cabin and watched the lightning! So cool!

Sooo now that you're sort of caught up lets hope I can keep this blog up to date... no promises though. :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I wish we would have made it up there with you. Looks like it was fun though.

The Woolley's said...

Yay, I definitely want to hear all about college and what you are up to!